Tips For Optimizing Your Wesite
One of the most confusing and frustrating challenges you may face with your online business is getting good search engine rankings. It took me a good two years to get my website to the top rankings on Google. I spent countless nights (and days) trying to optimize for my favorite search engine. My patience finally paid off, and I now rank in the top 10 pages of Google for my chosen keywords. During this two-year period, I learned many a good lesson that I’d like to share with you.
Here are some things you should do:
1) Write Articles. By writing and submitting articles in your related field of expertise, you create relevant links and free advertising. The resource area of article submissions allows you to usually post a brief bio of yourself and a link to your website. Of course, the search engines love relevant links to your site. Write as many articles as you can. Some suggested submissions websites are www.goarticles.com, www.findarticles.com and www.articletrader.com.
2) Add content to your website daily. Don’t let your website become stagnant. The search engines love new content, and will penalize you if they see your site is not active. You can add a new article every week, place new relevant links or change your text content.
3) Use a search engine optimization tool. Two good choices are www.rankquest.com or http://www.axandra-web-site-promotion-software-tool.com/download.htm (IBP). Monitor your website on a regular basis.
4) Post on Forums. Find a forum that is relevant to your website and begin posting there. You can add your website URL to end of your postings creating links to your website. This is also a good place to find link partners.
5) Add quality and relevant links. It is important to remember here though quality is more important than quantity. Search engines will take more seriously websites that have linked to 10 relevant links than to 100 low ranking links or links not related to your product or service. Be sure that when you link, you use proper link text. This text should be related to your website. In other words, if your website is about dance classes, be sure that your link anchor text uses those words.
6) Link to various directories like DMOZ.org, webworldindex.com and buzzle.com.
7) Be patient! Rankings do not come overnight. It will take time, but one fine morning you will wake up to see that all of your effort has paid off. To your personal and financial success!
Chris Keenan has been a successful banker for over 25 years. He now devotes his time to helping entrepreneurs develop profitable home based businesses. He invites you to visit his home business website at www.bizmancan.com