How To Take Control Of Your Life
I celebrated my 50th birthday earlier this month. As I have been slowly reflecting on how this milestone has impacted me, one thing that has come up is that I want to approach the second half of my life a bit differently. You see, I pretty much let the energy of life pull me along for my first 50 years. I’m not complaining; it seems to have unfolded pretty darn well. But now I’m starting to realize that what I make of my life is totally up to me, and with the clock ticking a little more loudly now, I am feeling a lot more motivated to step in and take control.
How do you take control of your life?
- Acknowledge that your life needs the same kind of planning that you give your weekends. We all have a lot more power to create awesome lives than we recognize. It starts with direction.
- Set aside time to focus on what you want to create with your life. Let dreams be born and believed in.
- Begin every day focused on your vision. Recognize that your attention fuels whatever you focus on.
- Uphold the vision throughout the day. Continue to visit your vision in your mind as your reality.
- Work on believing that your vision will manifest. Get in touch with whatever is holding you back from your vision and work on breaking through limiting thoughts.
As I reread my list here from the perspective of really wanting to make this happen for myself, I recognize that there is a discipline required. Just like the time I so easily invest each week in running or the gym, I need to spend similar time to building the life I want.August 30, 2009 by Susan Hanshaw
Posted By Chris Keenan 8/31/09